IE9 Security Issue Explanation
We've noticed you're currently using an older version of Internet Explorer. You will need to change some settings to allow your browser to use more modern security practices. This will let you access customer account and checkout areas flawlessly, as well as keeping your computer better protected at the same time.
Fixing IE Security Preferences
- In your web browser, click the symbol in the upper right-hand corner that looks like a cog and select “Internet Options” from the menu that appears.
- Next, in the dialog box that appears after you select “Internet Options”, click the “Advanced” tab at the top of this box. It should be the last tab at the top of the dialog box.
- In the “Advanced” tab, there will be a list of options with checkboxes next to them. Scroll down the list until you find the “Security” category. It will have the image of a security lock next to it.
- Under the “Security” category, uncheck “Use SSL 3.0”
- Then check the box next to “Use TLS 1.0,”
- You should also check the “TLS 1.1” and “TLS 1.2” options (if available).
- Your list should look like this:
- Finally, click OK at the bottom of the dialog box to verify your changes.
Just close and relaunch Internet Explorer to have your changes applied. You should now be able to shop!